Saturday, February 18, 2006

I Not Stupid Too

Went to watch the said movie with keefe and jC on friday.. and i'd say that the show was pretty well made.

I'm not going to spoil the movie for anyone, but the major thoughts i had after watching the show could be summed up into two words: extreme, stereotyped. Firstly, the whole issue is rather unbelievably constructed, but the whole show is supposed to run on emotions, so while watching, you kinda think its ok, like Air (which was total fking bullshit). Walk out of the cinema, think more logically, and you realise that technically it is impossible to fall so fast so deep. It takes a long time to turn over a new leaf, but you don't get smudged in a night too. Appararently Jack Neo is trying to squeeze one character of all his worth and plunge him into the depths of darkness and back out. No way.

Also, the depiction of Express is a lot different. Its like express is in heaven and they're in hell. I can see the point he's trying to make, but the thing is, this is going to be freaking shown to the freaking whole of singapore. WTF?! Now i bet we're gonna get screwed for hogging all the good teachers. THAT IS SOOOOO NOT THE CASE.

Moving on, i thought one of the hihglights of the show was the black humour over the death of Chengcai's dad. wtf, i shan't say much, but i tot it was damn fked up to laugh at that point and i'm quited pissed at myself about it. But the whole freaking theatre laughed. zzzzzz.

The show ended, and i looked around to see if any1 cried. Think keefe did. Several parents did, mostly the mothers. But i didn't.

It led me to think for a while.

When was the last time you felt so emotionally hyped up that you cried?
p4.

Yes, for me it was p4. I don't know how that happened, because from before i could cry at all the shows you were supposed to cry at, and like, well behave like most humans do. Then like at p4 i just stopped. Why i'm not sure, but i think it was a defensive action. I was going through a lot of shit thanks to my mom, and i think i just shut my heart out of these kinds of emotions and distanced myself to anything concerning emotions. Sure, i was laughing and all as usual, but i think when i got screwed, i would just shut myself out and erase any emotional chains that were dragging me down.

This probably explains the strained relation i have with my mom. Cuz the emotional tie doesn't exist. If it does, it would probably be negative. Which is exactly like what i saw in I Not Stupid Too. But the guy was sure a lot more mature than i was back then.

U know all the talk about its not manly to cry and that bullshit? i think its really screwed up that i can't cry, especially when i even try to cry now. it is screwed up, trust me. i was talking to yip and he said something about being heartless and stuff, and i have to agree. what the hell, i can't really fathom my own emotions myself now( the sad ones). And its really sucks, cuz by distancing yourself from the media, you gradually distance yourself from problems in life, and eventually yourself.

I not stupid too is a good show to watch but it was too stereotypical. It does prove a point, and probably sheds light on life of the people on the other side of the spectrum, so its pretty good for sheltered people like us to watch it.

As a side note, i didn't cry in saikano and air, two of which are supposed to be tear jerkers. Well, not that i'm unimpressed, but air was really too stupid a plot to believe and for saikano i felt very heavy. Kinda different from crying.

Anyways i shall end this sibei long post with a pic. our favourite cryboy, shinji. Even in this pic, he looks so freaking angsty. tsk tsk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home